Friday, August 16, 2019

Part 1: Rulers of Evil....Subliminal Rome....Missionary Adaptation...Marginalizing the Bible...Medici Learning...

I vaguely remember hearing about this gentleman back in the day for his work that ended up making him a fugitive for 10 years. I was reading some other work the other day,and the author made reference to him and this work,because he has such a unique name,and at one time I had his Main Street book,I did a quick search,and was lucky enough to find a good PDF file{not so with his Main St. book}.

This work here ties in with what Anna von Reitz has been saying with regard to the Pope and the Catholic Church,as to who is running the United States. Other then to say the Church of Rome considers me in rebellion, I will not speak ill of it, it's true history is coming to light with increasing frequency in these troubled times,soon the flood will overtake it,and the so called vicar of Christ shall be no more...

RULERS OF EVIL 
Useful Knowledge About 
Governing Bodies 
F. TUPPER SAUSSY 

Preface
THE ONLY PEOPLE in the world, it seems, who believe in the conspiracy theory of history are those of us who have studied it. While Franklin D. Roosevelt might have exaggerated when he said “Nothing happens in politics by accident; if it happens, it was planned that way,” Carroll Quigley – Bill Clinton’s favorite professor at Georgetown University – boldly admitted in his Tragedy & Hope (1966 ) that (a) the multitudes were already under the control of a small but powerful group bent on world domination and (b) Quigley himself was a part of that group. 

Internet conspiracy sites strive to identify the conspiratorial factions. We get pieces here and pieces there. The world is run by Freemasons, some say. Other say Skull & Bones , and a loose confederation of secret societies. CIA gets lots of votes , along with Mossad (though I suspect these factions are merely tools) and, of course, “the British.” A major frontrunner is the International Banking Cartel. When Victor Marsden published The Protocols of the Elders of Zion in 1906 , which purported to be a Jewish plan to  take over the world, Jewish writers denied responsibility, charging a Catholic plot to defame Jewry. Whose side was Marsden on? You can get so deep into conspiracies that the suspects start canceling each other out. It can become frustrating. 

I’m happy to report that F. Tupper Saussy has come to our emotional rescue. During his ten years as a fugitive from the Department of Justice (convicted of a crime that cannot be found in the law books), Saussy occupied himself with an investigation into the powers that be. It was an investigation the likes of which, as far as I know, has never before been undertaken. The fruit of his amazing legwork is Rulers of Evil, a powerful book that in less loving hands might have been angry and judgmental. 

Saussy’s thesis: There is indeed a small group that runs the world, but we can’t call it a conspiracy because it identifies itself with signs, mottoes , and monuments . Signs , mottoes , and monuments? you ask. Quick: what occupies the highest point on the U.S . Capitol building? It’s probably the most oft-published statue on earth, and you can’t name it? As long as you don’t know whose feet are firmly planted atop your country’s legislative center , or how she got there, or whence she came , the group that controls America remains invisible. Once you know these things , the fog begins lifting. 

Saussy has analyzed hundreds of signatory clues left by the true rulers of the world, clues that we have perhaps been trained to ignore. He’s traced them to their origins, and matched them to facts of history going back six thousand years – all balanced against the most reliable human reference work there is, the Bible. The result: an unavoidable touchstone for all future works on the subject. 

Rulers of Evil is an indispensable study book that you’ll probably deface from cover to cover with highlighting. By all means keep it on your lower library shelf, within close reach of inquisitive children. 
— Pat Shannon 
Journalist-at-Large, 
MEDIA BYPASS 

FOREWORD 
WHETHER OR NOT it’s appropriate for a literary agent to write his client’s Foreword, I don’t know. If I’m breaking the rules here, well, this is a rule-breaking book. Example. During last spring’s Bookexpo in Los Angeles , as an agent I introduced my client, Tupper Saussy, to one of New York’s most unshockable publishing executives. As Tupper articulately summarized Rulers of Evil for him, I personally witnessed the brow of this fearless executive develop a twitch. I saw him actually gulp. With my own ears I heard him say, “This is a little too extreme for us.” 

The twitch developed as Tupper was saying “the Roman Catholic Church really does run the world, including the United States government, and this is openly declared in monuments and emblems and insignia as well as official documents... ” By the time Tupper calmly reached his payoff – “And this is good, because it’s divinely ordained” – the exec was staring into space. 

All right, Rulers of Evil is extreme. (Does that frighten you?) It was researched and written during a decade of flight that probably saved the author’s life from vindictive federal authorities. I wanted to represent this book from the moment I read the first draft back in 1993 , completely unaware that its author could claim the classic Miracle On Main Street as his own. (Tupper Saussy’s identity was not revealed to me until his capture in 1997 . He can keep a secret.) 

Like no book I’ve seen in my thirty years of literary-agenting, Rulers of Evil lays out who’s really who in world power, pegs them as evil (about as evil as the rest of us, more or less), and then explains how spiritual wickedness in high places works for the ultimate good of mankind. It’s the book about conspiracies that doesn’t advocate throwing the bums out. 

Rulers of Evil is almost a self-help product. The useful knowledge it imparts reveals the world structure as it really is. Once we can see, our choices increase, our pathways widen, and our lives improve. 

But don’t expect a breeze. Parts of the book are so rich in historical detail that your brain might feel over-burdened. When that happens, just flip to more readable parts. Or study the pictures. My client doesn’t mind being read casually, back to front, front to back, middle out, a few pages at a time. Enjoy freedom of movement. If a chapter doesn’t fit today’s mood, find another that does. Use a bookmark, or the dust jacket flaps. 

Ultimately, you’ll get it all. And when you do, I predict you’ll be a different person. You’ll have a new worldview, one shaped by evidence that has never been assembled quite this way before. I can say this with confidence because Rulers of Evil is still influencing my own life, having begun in me a process of answering many of the heretofore unanswerable questions of our time. 
— Peter Fleming 
 THE PETER FLEMING AGENC

“The only new thing in this world is the history you don’t know.” 
— PRESIDENT HARRY S. TRUMAN 

Introduction
ON FRESHMAN ORIENTATION day at the University of the South in Sewanee, Tennessee, I took a seat across the table from my faculty advisor. He was a professor of botany named Edmund Berkeley. Dr. Berkeley studied the tab on my manila file folder as though it were some rare species of leaf. Suddenly his eyes leapt into my face. Giddy eighteen-year-old that I was, I gulped and tried to smile. 

‘“Saussy,” ’ he mused calmly. “Good Huguenot name.” 

The word stumped me. “Huguenot?” 

“‘Saussy’ is a French name, ” he lectured. “Sewanee is a Protestant university. Your people must have been Huguenots.” 

I silently forgave my father for never having told me our name was French and that our ancestors might have been something called “Huguenots.” 

“What exactly are Huguenots?” I inquired. 

“French Protestants,” declared my advisor. “Massacred by soldiers ordered by Catherine d’Medici in cahoots with the Jesuits.  The survivors were exiled. Some established in England, others in Prussia. Some came to America, as your people obviously did.” 

“Jesuits.” Now that was a familiar word. In Tampa, my hometown, there was a high school named Jesuit. Jesuit High was greatly esteemed academically and athletically. I was aware of a connection between the Jesuits and the Roman Catholic Church, but little else. 

“What are Jesuits?” I asked. 

“Oh , the Jesuits are members of the Society of Jesus,” he replied. “Excellent men. Intellectuals. They work exclusively for the Pope, take an oath to him and him alone. Some people call them the Pope’s private militia. Kind of a swordless army. Controversial. They’ve gotten into trouble meddling with civil governments in the past, trying to bring them under the Pope’s dominion, you know, but in this century they’ve been tamed down considerably. They’re wonderful educators.” 

That night I called my father, who answered Dr. Berkeley’s surmise. Yes, our people were Huguenots . They arrived at Savannah harbor in the latter half of the eighteenth century, after a stopover of several generations in Scotland. They had indeed been run out of their beloved country, the same way the Jews were run out of Germany . Nazis chased the Jews, Jesuits chased us. Ah , but that was a long time ago, my father said, and I agreed. Forgiveness is a great virtue, and it’s best to let bygones be bygones . So I forgot about Huguenots and Jesuits and plunged into my college career, my future, my life. 

I never had occasion to think about my conversation with Edmund Berkeley until some thirty years later, in August of 1984 , during a brief but telling encounter with an assistant United States attorney by the name of John MacCoon. We were standing a few paces apart in the marble hallway outside a federal courtroom in Chattanooga, waiting for the morning session to be called. I was on the docket, scheduled to be arraigned on charges of willful failure to file income tax returns for the years 1977 , 1978 , and 1979.

I had no doubt that the charges would be dropped. The statute I had supposedly run afoul of applied to persons “required” to file returns. Yet I possessed a letter signed by the IRS District Director stating that a diligent search of IRS files had failed to disclose any tax liability in my name for those years. People who have no tax liability are not required to file returns. Why was I there? 

The booming voice of a lawyer friend broke my concentration. “Tupper,” he said, guiding me over to John MacCoon , “have you met your prosecutor?” 

He introduced us in a jovial fashion and then rushed off to a huddle of other litigants. 

MacCoon and I shook hands. “John,” I asked, feeling the need to make small talk, “are you from Chattanooga?” 

“No,” he replied, “I came from Washington.” 

Something inside told me to press. “So you’re originally from Washington?” 

“No, originally I’m from New Orleans.” 

“I have lots of cousins in New Orleans,” I beamed. He seemed to get a little edgy. 

“Well, the name Saussy is not unknown there,” he said. 

“One of my favorite cousins lives in New Orleans,” I said, and named my cousin. 

“He’s your cousin? Why, he and I were ordained together.” 

“Ordained?” I asked. “My cousin is a Jesuit priest. Are you a Jesuit?” 

“Yes,” said my prosecutor, now visibly agitated. “You know, I might have to recuse myself.... ” 

“I’ve got a better idea, drop the charges.” 

“ Oh no, I couldn’t do that.” 

The dialogue ended suddenly with the hoarse drawl of a bailiff announcing that court was now in session. 

So John MacCoon was a Jesuit! The media, spoonfed by his offices, had already branded me a “tax protester.” What was going on? Were the Jesuits chasing Protestants again? 

Actually, I had not protested any taxes at all. I had merely discovered some truths about the tax and monetary laws and had dared to stand on them. As with the Huguenots and the truths they’d discovered about Christianity, authorities were offended. Wasn’t it interesting that both of us, my ancestors and me, were branded as antisocial, repugnant, as people who disturb good order by daring to “protest”? Was this a religious persecution here? Was my stand on Truth somehow so offensive that the Pope had dispatched one of his swordless warriors to do me in? And then there was the date. The charges against me were filed on July 31st. That happens to be the Feast Day of St. Ignatius Loyola, the founding father of the Society of Jesus. According to the dogma of the Roman Liturgical Calendar , any cause initiated on a saint’s feast day is especially worthy of the saint’s attention. 

A bizarre series of furtive proceedings occurred over the next eleven months . Exculpatory evidence was ignored or suppressed. There were prosecutorial improprieties, which the court excused. When I attempted to avoid the consequences of the improprieties, I was punished. Few precedents for such judicial steam-rolling could be found outside the annals of the Roman Inquisition, which I learned had been administered since 1542 by the Jesuits. What was this – the American Inquisition? All the while, the IRS, John MacCoon , and the media kept labeling me “tax protestor.” Sometimes they would slip and call me a “tax evader,” even though I had never been accused of the much more serious crime of tax evasion. 

Ultimately, a jury acquitted me of willfully failing to file income tax returns for 1978 and 1979 . But for 1977 they found willfulness, and the higher courts upheld their verdict. It was only a misdemeanor. The last defendant in my district to be convicted on the same count had been sentenced to six weeks. But the court sentenced me to a full year, the maximum allowed by statute. This was due to what the prosecutor called my “unrepentance.” Some say I should have wept crocodile tears and promised to mend my ways. But that would be gameplaying. How can you repent of willfully failing to do something that was never required in the first place? 

WHEN I soberly reviewed the long list of prosecutorial absurdities, I decided that I was being punished for something not remotely connected to willfulness in filing tax returns. I was being punished for mobilizing what turned out to be the only constitutional issue no court in the United States will fully entertain, the money issue. 

Back in the late seventies, I discovered that constitutional government was contravening every American’s right to an economy free of fluctuating monetary values. I wrote a book The Miracle On Main Street: Saving Yourself and America from Financial Ruin (1980), in which I compared American money as mandated by the Constitution, gold and silver coin, with American money currently in use, notes, computer entries, and base-metal tokens. Not only was the money in use inferior to constitutional money, but also it had been introduced without a constitutional amendment. Since our values were denominated in units of lawless money, we had become a lawless nation. Quality of life follows quality of money. I urged the people to take the initiative in nudging government officials to restore the kind of monetary system established by the Constitution. The ultimate payoff would be a wholesome society. Main Street activism would have worked a miracle. 

MOMS caught on very quickly. Activists began asserting economic rights in many creative ways. To assist and document their work, I launched “The Main Street Journal.” Published more or less monthly, the MSJ reported in detail the interesting, sometimes frightening consequences of economic rights activism. 

By July 1984 , my book and my journal had expanded into a growing bibliography of historic and legal materials related to the money issue. I was speaking all over the country, and holding well attended seminars in Tennessee. We had history on our side. The Framers of the Constitution had unanimously voted down the kind of monetary system that was destroying modern America, and had unanimously voted for the system we were advocating. We had the law on our side. The Supreme Court had never ruled that America’s lawless monetary system was constitutional. What we didn’t have on our side was the entity having most to gain from  lawless money, the governing bodies. We were deeply offending their appearance of legitimacy. As one Tennessee village lawyer said, in returning Miracle On Main Street to the friend who’d loaned it to him, “This book won’t get Saussy killed, but they’ll figure out a humane way of shutting him up.” 

THERE was an interval of two years between my trial and the Supreme Court’s decision on it. About midway during that interval, I received a postcard from the most famous prisoner in Tennessee, James Earl Ray. Mr. Ray, the self-convicted assassin of Dr. Martin Luther King, wanted me to help him write his autobiography. I interviewed him personally, examined his manuscript, and conducted some research of my own. The evidence persuaded me that Mr. Ray did not deserve to be called, in Life Magazine’s words, “the world’s most hated man.” He had been tortured into pleading guilty. Far from punishment for murder, his confinement was the government’s way of concealing the true assassins, and at the Tennessee taxpayers’ expense. I felt that he, like myself, was being maliciously used by governing bodies for the purpose of deceiving the public. 

I worked closely with Mr. Ray, publishing his autobiography under the title Tennessee Waltz: The Making of A Political Prisoner. I included an epilogue of my own, “The Politics of Witchcraft,” in which I discussed how Dr. King’s murder benefitted no one as much as it did the economic power s of government. About a month before Tennessee Waltz would be coming off the press, I was notified that the U.S. Supreme Court had denied my appeal. Then the District Judge ordered me to surrender myself to Atlanta Federal Prison Camp on or before April 10 , 1987 . A friend happened to say, “You know, if your previous writings brought about the tax prosecution, think what Tennessee Waltz might provoke them to, with you in custody.... ” 

And so, when the moment came for me to pass through the Prison Camp gates, something got in the way. I can only call it a spirit, an irresistible spirit. It was the same spirit that had directed me to stand on the truth in my writing and speaking. It was the same spirit that had led me to interrogate John MacCoon at our first encounter in that marble hallway back in 1984 , the same spirit that had moved him to tell me he was a Jesuit. This spirit turned me away from the prison gate and led me into a fugitive lifestyle. 

I felt an overwhelming obligation to love my enemies by studying them in intricate detail. I wanted to know the extent of Jesuit involvement in United States government, presently and historically. What I discovered was a vast Roman Catholic substratum to American history, especially the Revolution that produced the constitutional republic. I found that Jesuits played eminent and under-appreciated roles in moving the complacent New Englanders to rebel against their mother country. I discovered facts and motives strongly suggesting that events that made Great Britain divide in 1776 were the outworkings of an ingenious Jesuit strategy. This strategy appears to have been single-handedly designed and supervised by a true founding father few Americans have ever heard of – Lorenzo Ricci (known to British Jesuits as Laurence Richey). In fact, investigating Jesuit involvement in the formation of the United States turned up a whole host of hitherto little known names, such as Robert Bellarmine , Joseph Amiot, the Dukes of Norfolk, Daniel Coxe , Sun-Tzu, Lord Bute, Francis Thorpe , Nikolaus von Hontheim , and the Carrolls , Daniel, Charles , and John. In their way, these men were as essential to our constitutional origins as Jefferson, Paine, Adams , Washington, Locke, and George III. 

My investigation began in 1987. It coursed ten years, and ranged, with the help of our Lord and many courageous friends, to whom this book is dedicated – from the Florida Keys to Puget Sound, from the District of Columbia to southern California. The mounting evidence inexorably changed the way I perceived constituted authority, and my relationship to it. Finally, on the thirteenth minute of the thirteenth hour of the thirteenth day of November , 1997 , the journey that had begun with the filing of charges against me thirteen years earlier reached its destination. I was captured without violence by three U.S. Marshals outside my office on the canals in Venice, California. A valuable personhood I was prepared to deny forever was given back to me. For sixteen months , the Bureau of Prisons afforded me the opportunity to discuss the fruits of my investigation with intelligent prisoners in California, Georgia, Tennessee, Oklahoma, and Mississippi. Their straightforward questions , comments , insights, and criticisms helped further prepare my manuscript for a general audience. 

Now that my liberties are fully restored, I am able finally to relate my findings to you in my own true voice , tried in adversity, seasoned by time. 
F. Tupper Saussy 

Chapter 1 
SUBLIMINAL ROME 
“The Roman Catholic Church is a State.” 
— BISHOP MANDELL CREIGHTON, LETTERS 

WHEN A PULITZER PRIZE winning reporter announced in his 1992 Time Magazine cover story 1 that a “conspiracy” binding President Ronald Reagan and Pope John Paul II into a “secret, holy alliance” had brought about the demise of communism, at least one reader saw through the hype. 

Professor Carol A. Brown of the University of Massachusetts fired off a letter to Time’s editors saying, 

Last week I taught my students about the separation of church and state. This week I learned that the Pope is running U.S. foreign policy. No wonder our young people are cynical about American ideals. 

What Brown had learned from Carl Bernstein I had discovered for myself over several years of private investigation: the papacy really does run United States foreign policy, and always has. Yes, Bernstein noted that the leading American players behind the Reagan/Vatican conspiracy, to a man, were “devout Roman Catholics ” – namely, 

  • William Casey Director, CIA 
  • Richard Allen National Security Advisor 
  • Judge William Clark 
  • National Security Advisor Alexander Haig 
  • Secretary of State Vernon Walters 
  • Ambassador-at-Large William Wilson Ambassador to the Vatican State 


But the reporter neglected to mention that the entire Senate Foreign Relations committee was governed by Roman Catholics , as well. Specifically, Senators 

  • Joseph Biden 
  • Subcommittee on European Affairs 

  • Paul Sarbanes 
  • International Economic Policy, Trade, Oceans, and Environment 

  • Daniel P. Moynihan 
  • Near Eastern and South Asian Affairs 

  • John Kerry 
  • Terrorism, Narcotics, and International Communications 

  • Christopher Dodd 
  • Western Hemisphere and Peace Corps Affairs 


Bernstein would have been wandering off-point to list the Roman Catholic leaders of American domestic policy, such as Senate majority leader George Mitchell and Speaker of the House Tom Foley. 

In fact, when the holy alliance story hit the stands, there was virtually no arena of federal legislative activity, according to The 1992 World Almanac of US Politics, that was not directly controlled by a Roman Catholic senator or representative. The committees and subcommittees of the United States Senate and House of Representatives governing commerce, communications and telecommunications , energy, medicine , health, education and welfare, human services, consumer protection, finance and financial institutions, transportation, labor and unemployment, hazardous materials, taxation, bank regulation, currency and monetary policy,  oversight of the Federal Reserve System, commodity prices, rents services, small business administration, urban affairs, European affairs, Near Eastern South Asian affairs, terrorism/narcotics/ international communications , international economic/trade/ oceans/environmental policy, insurance, housing, community development, federal loan guarantees , economic stabilization measures (including wage and price controls), gold and precious metals transactions , agriculture, animal and forestry industries, rural issues, nutrition, price supports, Food for Peace, agricultural exports, soil conservation, irrigation, stream channelization, flood control, minority enterprise, environment and pollution, appropriations, defense, foreign operations, vaccines , drug labeling and packaging, drug and alcohol abuse, inspection and certification of fish and processed food, use of vitamins and saccharin, national health insurance proposals, human services, legal services, family relations, the arts and humanities , the handicapped, and aging – in other words, virtually every aspect of secular life in America, came under the chairmanship of one of these Roman Catholic laypersons: 

Frank Annunzio    Joseph Biden   Silvio Conte 
Kika De la Garza  John Dingell    Christopher Dodd 
Vic Fazio              James Florio   Henry Gonzalez 
Thomas Harkin    Edward Kennedy  John Kerry 
John LaFalce        Patrick Leahy    Charles Luken 
Edward Madigan   Edward Markey  Joseph McDade 
Barbara Mikulski   George Miller    Daniel Moynihan 
John Murtha       Mary Rose Oakar    David Obey 
Claiborne Pell      Charles Rangel 
Dan Rostenkowski  Edward Roybal. 2 

Vatican Council IPs Constitution on the Church (1964) instructs politicians to use their secular offices to advance the cause of Roman Catholicism. Catholic laypersons, “whoever they are, are called upon to expend all their energy for the growth of the Church and its continuous sanctification, ” and “to make the Church present and operative in those places and circumstances where only through them can it become the salt of the earth” (IV, 33). Vatican II further instructs all Catholics “by their competence in secular disciplines and by their activity to vigorously contribute their effort so that ... the goods of this world may be more equitably distributed among all men, and may in their own way be conducive to universal progress in human and Christian freedom ... and to remedy the customs and conditions of the world, if they are an inducement to sin, so that they all may be conformed to the norms of justice and may favor the practice of virtue rather than hinder it” (IV, 36). 

Vatican II affirms Catholic doctrine dating back to 1302 , when Pope Boniface VIII asserted that “it is absolutely necessary for the salvation of every human creature to be subject to the Roman Pontiff. ” This was the inspiration for the papacy to create the United States of America that materialized in 1776 , by a process just as secret as the Reagan-Vatican production of Eastern Europe in 1989. What ? America n government Roman Catholic from the beginning? 

Consider : the land known today as the District of Columbia bore the name “Rome ” in 1663 property records; and the branch of the Potomac River that bordered “Rome ” on the south was called “Tiber.” 3 This information was reported in the 1902 edition of the Catholic Encyclopedia’s article on Daniel Carroll. The article, specifically declaring itself “of interest to Catholics ” in the 1902 edition, was deleted from the New Catholic Encyclopedia (1967) . Other facts were reported in 1902 and deleted from 1967. For example, when Congress met in Washington for the first time, in November, 1800 , “the only two really comfortable and imposing houses within the bounds of the city” belonged to Roman Catholics . One was Washington’ s first mayor, Robert Brent. The other was Brent’s brother-in-law, Notley Young, a Jesuit priest. 

Daniel Carroll was a Roman Catholic congressman from Maryland who signed two of America’s fundamental documents, the Articles of Confederation and the United States Constitution. Carroll was a direct descendant of the Calverts , a Catholic family to whom King Charles I of England had granted Maryland as a feudal barony. Carroll had received his education at St. Omer’s Jesuit College in Flanders, where young English-speaking Catholics were  trained in a variety of guerrilla techniques for advancing the cause of Roman Catholicism among hostile Protestants. 

In 1790, President George Washington, a Protestant, appointed Congressman Carroll to head a commission of three men to select land for the “federal city” called for in the Constitution. Of all places, the commission chose “Rome, ” which at the time consisted of four farms, one of which belonged to.. . Daniel Carroll. It was upon Carroll’s farm that the new government chose to erect its most important building, the Capitol. 

THE American Capitol abounds with clues of its Roman origins. “Freedom,” the Roman goddess whose statue crowns the dome , was created in Rome at the studio of American sculptor Thomas Crawford. We find a whole pantheon of Roman deities in the great fresco covering the dome’s interior rotunda: Persephone, Ceres, Freedom, Vulcan, Mercury, even a deified George Washington. These figures were the creation of Vatican artist Constantino Brumidi. 

The fact that the national Statehouse evolved as a “capitol ” bespeaks Roman influence. No building can rightly be called a capitol unless it’s a temple of Jupiter, the great father-god of Rome who ruled heaven with his thunderbolts and nourished the earth with his fertilizing rains. If it was a capitolium, it belonged to Jupiter and his priests. 

Jupiter’s mascot was the eagle, which the founding fathers made their mascot as well. A Roman eagle tops the governing idol of the House of Representatives , a forty-six-inch sterling silver and-ebony wand called a “mace. ” The mace is “the symbol of authority in the House.” 4 When the Sergeant-at-arms displays it before an unruly member of Congress , the mace restores order. Its position at the rostrum tells whether the House is in “committee” or in “session.” 

America’s national motto “Annuit Coeptis” came from a prayer to Jupiter. It appears in Book IX of Virgil’s epic propaganda, the Aeneid, a poem commissioned just before the birth of Christ by Caius Maecenas , the multi-billionaire power behind Augustus Caesar. The poem’s objective was to fashion Rome into an imperial monarchy for which its citizens would gladly sacrifice their lives. 

Fascism may be an ugly word to many, but its stately emblem is apparently offensive to no one. The emblem of fascism, a pair of them, commands the wall above and behind the speaker’s rostrum in the Chamber of the House of Representatives. They’re called fasces, and I can think of no reason for them to be there other than to declare the fascistic nature of American republican democracy.  A fasces is a Roman device. Actually, it originated with the ancient Etruscans, from whom the earliest Romans derived their religious jurisprudence nearly three thousand years ago. It’s an axe-head whose handle is a bundle of rods tightly strapped together by a red sinew. It symbolizes the ordering of priestly functions into a single infallible sovereign, an autocrat who could require life and limb of his subjects. If the fasces is entwined with laurel, like the pair on the House wall, it signifies Caesarean military power. The Romans called this infallible sovereign Pontifex Maximus, “Supreme Bridge builder.” No Roman was called Pontifex Maximus until the title was given to Julius Caesar in 48 BC. Today’s Pontifex Maximus is Pope John Paul II. 

As we shall discover in a forthcoming chapter, John Paul does not hold that title alone. He shares it with a mysterious partner, a military man, a man holding an office that has been know n for more than four centuries as “Papa Nero,” the Black Pope. I shall present evidence that the House fasces represent the Black Pope, who indeed rules the world. 
Image result for image of APOSTOLIC NUNCIATURE, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 333 9 Massachusetts Avenue NW Washington, D.C
Later, I will develop what is sure to become a controversial hypothesis: that the Black Pope rules by divine appointment, and for the ultimate good of mankind. 


Chapter 2 
MISSIONARY ADAPTATION 
FEW PEOPLE SEEM to be aware that the Roman Catholic Church in America is officially recognized as a State. How this came about makes interesting reading. 

Early in his administration, President Ronald Reagan invited the Vatican City, whose ruling head is the Pope, to open its first embassy in Washington, D.C. His Holiness responded positively, and the embassy, or Apostolic Nunciature of the Holy See, opened officially on January 10, 1984. 

Shortly thereafter, a complaint was filed against President Reagan at U.S. District Court in Philadelphia by the American Jewish Congress, the Baptist Joint Committee on Public Affairs, Seventh Day Adventists, the National Council of Churches, the National Association of Evangelicals , and Americans United for Separation of Church and State.The plaintiffs sought to have the Court declare that the administration had unconstitutionally granted to the Roman Catholic faith privileges that were being denied to other establishments of religion. 

On May 7, 1985 the suit was thrown out by Chief Judge John Fullam. Judge Fullam ruled that district courts do not have jurisdiction to intervene in “foreign policy decisions” of the executive branch. Bishop James W. Malone , President of the U.S . Catholic Conference , praised Judge Fullam’s decision, noting that it settled “not a religious issue but a public policy question.” 1 The plaintiffs appealed. The Third Circuit denied the appeal, noticing that “the Roman Catholic Church’ s unique position of control over a sovereign territory gives it advantages that other religious organizations do not enjoy.” 2 The Apostolic Nunciature at 3339 Massachusetts Avenue N.W. enables Pontifex Maximus to supervise more closely American civil government – “public policy” – as administered through Roman Catholic laypersons. (On e such layperson was Chief Judge Fullam, whose Roman Catholicism apparently escaped the attention of the plaintiffs.) 

This same imperium ran pagan Rome in essentially the same way. The public servants were priests of the various gods and goddesses. Monetary affairs, for example , were governed by priests of the goddess Moneta. Priests of Dionysus managed architecture and cemeteries , while priests of Justitia, with her sword, and Libera, blindfolded, holding her scales aloft, ruled the courts. 3 Hundreds of priestly orders, known as the Sacred College, managed hundreds of government bureaus, from the justice system to the construction, cleaning, and repair of bridges (no bridge could be built without the approval of Pontifex Maximus), buildings, temples, castles, baths, sewers, ports, highways, walls and ramparts of cities and the boundaries of lands. 4 

Priests directed the paving and repairing of streets and roads, supervised the calendar and the education of youth. Priests regulated weights, measures, and the value of money. Priests solemnized and certified births, baptisms, puberty, purification, confession, adolescence, marriage, divorce, death, burial, excommunication, canonization, deification, adoption into families, adoption into tribes and orders of nobility. Priests ran the libraries, the museums, the consecrated lands and treasures. Priests registered the trademarks and symbols. Priests were in charge of public worship, directing the festivals, plays, entertainments, games and ceremonies. Priests wrote and held custody over wills, testaments, and legal conveyances. 
Image result for image of Emperor Constantine
By the fourth century, one half of the lands and one fourth of the population of the Roman Empire were owned by the priests.5 When the Emperor Constantine and his Senate formally adopted Christianity as the Empire’s official religion, the exercise was more of a merger or acquisition than a revolution. The wealth of the priests merely became the immediate possession of the Christian churches, and the priests merely declared themselves Christians. Government continued without interruption. The pagan gods and goddesses were artfully outfitted with names appropriate to Christianity. The sign over the Pantheon indicating “To the fertility goddess Cybele and All the Gods ” was re-written “To Mary and All the Saints. ” The Temple of Apollo became the Church of St. Apollinaris. The Temple of Mars was reconsecrated Church of Santa Martina, with the inscription “Mars hence ejected, Martina, martyred maid/ Claims now the worship which to him was paid.” 

Haloed icons of Apollo were identified as Jesus, and the crosses of Bacchus and Tammuz were accepted as the official symbol of the Crucifixion. Pope Leo I decreed that “St. Peter and St. Paul have replaced Romulus and Remus as Rome’s protecting patrons.” 6 Pagan feasts, too, were Christianized. December 25 – the celebrated birthday of a number of gods, among them Saturn, Jupiter, Tammuz, Bacchus, Osiris, and Mithras – was claimed to have been that of Jesus as well, and the traditional Saturnalia, season of drunken merriment and gift-giving, evolved into Christmas. 
Image result for image of Sketch of Mithras (left), from a stone carving. Mithras was “Sol Invictus” the “unconquerable Sun,” an imperial Roman god since the third century BC Under Constantinian Christianity, artisans re-consecrated him Jesus and other biblical names. In the silver dish made on Cyprus in the eighth century AD , Mithras (note the peculiar stance) slaying the Cosmic Bull became David killing a lion.
Sketch of Mithras (left), from a stone carving. Mithras was “Sol Invictus” the “unconquerable Sun,” an imperial Roman god since the third century BC Under Constantinian Christianity, artisans re-consecrated him Jesus and other biblical names. In the silver dish made on Cyprus in the eighth century AD , Mithras (note the peculiar stance) slaying the Cosmic Bull became David killing a lion. 

Bacchus was popular in ancient France under his Greek name Dionysus – or, as the French rendered it, Denis. His feast, the Festurn Dionysi, was held every seventh day of October , at the end of the vintage season. After two days of wild partying, another feast was held, the Festum Dionysi Eleutherei Rusticum (“Country Festival of Merry Dionysus”). The papacy cleverly brought the worshippers of Dionysus into its jurisdiction by transforming the words Dionysos , Bacchus , Eleuthera, and Rusticum into.. . a group of Christian martyrs. October seventh was entered on the Liturgical Calendar as the feast day of “St. Bacchus the Martyr,” while October ninth was instituted as the “Festival of St. Denis , and of his companions St. Eleuthere and St. Rustic. ” The Catholic Almanac (1992 et seq) sustains the fabrication by designating October ninth as the 

Feast Day of Denis, bishop of Paris, and two companions identified by early writers as Rusticus, a priest, and Eleutherius, a deacon martyred near Paris. Denis is popularly regarded as the apostle and patron saint of France. 

PLAYING loose with truth and Scripture in order to bring every human creature into subjection to the Roman Pontiff is a technique called “missionary adaptation. ” This is explained as “the adjustment of the mission subject to the cultural requirements of the mission object ” so that the papacy’s needs will be brought “as much as possible in accord with existing socially shared patterns of thought, evaluation, and action, so as to avoid unnecessary and serious disorganization.”7 

Rome has so seamlessly adapted its mission to American secularism that we do not think of the United States as a Catholic system.Yet the rosters of government rather decisively show this to be the case. 

By far the greatest challenge to missionary adaptation has been Scripture – that is, the Old and New Testaments , commonly known as the Holy Bible. Almost for as long as Rome has been the seat of Pontifex Maximus, there has been a curious enmity between between the popes and the Bible whose believers they are presumed to head. In the next chapter, we shall begin our examination of that enmity.


Chapter 3 
MARGINALIZING THE BIBLE 
EVERY RULED SOCIETY has some form of holy scripture. The holy scriptures of Caesarean Rome were the prophecies and ritual directions contained in the ten Sibylline gospels and Virgil’s Aeneid. The Aeneid implied that every Roman’ s duty was to sacrifice his individuality, as heroic Aeneas had done, to the greater glory of Rome and Pontifex Maximus. The Sibyllines , borrowing from Isaiah’s much earlier prophecy of Jesus Christ, prophesied that when Caesar Augustus succeeded his uncle Julius as Pontifex Maximus he would rule the world as “Prince of Peace, Son of God. ” Augustus would issue in a “new world order,” as indeed he did. 

The Sibyllines and the Aeneid were so beloved by the government priests that they were considered part of the Roman constitution. The same scriptures were made part of the United States Constitution when the mottoes “ANNUIT COEPTIS” and “ NOVUS ORDO SECLORUM,” taken from the Aeneid and the Sibyllines respectively, were incorporated, by the Ac t of July 28 , 1782 , into the Great Seal of the United States. 1 

The Sibyllines and the Aeneid were open only to priests and certain privileged persons. The people learned their sacred content by the trickle-down of priestly retelling. When the Old and New Testaments were adopted as the Empire’s official sacred writings they, too, were given to the exclusive care of the priests. And in accord with Roman tradition, the people learned sacred content from discretionary retelling. This had to be, for the sake of the Holy Empire. For should the people acquire biblical knowledge , they would know that Pontifex Maximus was not a legitimate Christian entitlement. Knowing this, they would not bow to his supremacy. Th e Empire could collapse. An d so the monarchia l Roman Church forcibly suppressed the Bible’s intelligent reading. This is why the millennium between Constantine and Gutenberg is known as “the Dark Ages.” 

Sprinkled throughout the Empire, however , were isolated Christian assemblies who had preserved Scripture from the days of the early Church. For them the Bible invited an ongoing, personal communion with the Creator of the universe. They lived by the writings of which Rome was so jealous. By the thirteenth century, these assemblies had grown so vibrant that Pope Gregory IX declared unauthorized Bible study a heresy. 2 He further decreed that “it is the duty of every Catholic to persecute heretics. ” To manage the persecution, Gregory established the Pontifical Inquisition. 

The Inquisition treated the slightest departure from the life of the community as proof of direct communion with the Bible or Satan. Either instance was a sin worthy of death. 3 Cases were prosecuted according to a strict routine. First, the inquisitors would enter a town and present their credentials to the civil authorities. In the pope’s name, they would require the governor’s cooperation. Next, the local priest would be ordered to summon his congregation to hear the inquisitors preach against heresy, which was defined as anything the least bit opposed to the papal system. A brief grace period followed the sermon, wherein the people were given an opportunity to step forward and accuse themselves of crimes. Thos e who did were usually punished mildly. Later, the inquisitors would receive at their lodgings unverified accusations, guaranteeing in the pope’s name the anonymity of informants. Many innocent lives were ruined by false testimony. 

Trials were conducted arbitrarily and secretly by tribunals consisting of the inquisitors, their staffs, and their witnesses, all concealed under hoods. The accused were never told the charges against them, and they were forbidden to ask. No defense witnesses were permitted. The accused had but one option: to confess guilt and die. Those who refused to confess (and witnesses who balked at testifying) were carried to the dungeon for torture sessions (boys under fourteen and girls under twelve exempted). Inquisitors and executioners were commanded by papal edict to show no mercy. No acquittal was ever recorded. Every fully prosecuted case ended in the death of the defendant and the forfeiture of his or her property, since it was assumed (as in American forfeiture cases since 1984 ) that the property was gained in sin. Sometimes the property of family members for generations to come was forfeited. These forfeitures were paid out in expenses to the scribes and executioners, half of the remainder going into the papal treasury and half to the inquisitors. Although popes and inquisitors amassed great fortunes from the Inquisition, its greatest beneficiary was, and has been, the Roman system.

The Inquisition was most effective against the isolated truthseeker in an ignorant community. As communities became more literate, the Inquisition grew subtler. What brought literacy to communities was the epidemic of Bible-reading made possible by the perfection of Johannes Gutenberg’s invention of movable type.

Medici Learning
GUTENBERG CHOSE the Bible to demonstrate movable type not so much that the common man might be brought nearer to God , but that he and his backer , Dr. Johannes Faust, might make a killing in the book trade. 

Prior to 1450, Bibles were so rare they were conveyed by deed, like parcels of real estate. A Bible took nearly a year to make, commanding a price equal to ten times the annual income of a prosperous man. Johannes Gutenberg intended his first production, a folio edition of the 6th-century Latin Bible (known as the Vulgate), to fetch manuscript prices. Dr. Faust discreetly sold it as a one-of-a-kind to kings, nobles, and churches. A second edition in 1462 sold for as much as 600 crowns each in Paris, but sales were too sluggish to suit Faust, so he slashed prices to 60 crowns and then to 30. 

This put enough copies into circulation for Church authorities to notice that several were identical. Such extraordinary uniformity being regarded as humanly impossible, the authorities  charged that Faust had produced the Bibles by magic. On this pretext, the Archbishop of Mainz had Gutenberg’s shop raided and a fortune in counterfeit Bibles seized. The red ink with which they were embellished was alleged to be human blood. Faust was arrested for conspiring with Satan, but there is no record of any trial. 

Meanwhile , the pressmen, who had been sworn not to disclose Gutenberg’s secrets while in his service, fled the jurisdiction of Mainz and set up shops of their own. As paper manufacture improved, along with technical improvements in matrix cutting and type-casting, books began to proliferate. Most were editions of the Vulgate. In the decade following the Mainz raid, five Latin and two German Bibles were published. Translators busied themselves in other countries. An Italian version appeared in 1471, a Bohemian in 1475 , a Dutch and a French in 1477, and a Spanish in 1478 . 

As quickly as our generation has become computer-literate, the Gutenberg generation learned to read books, and careful readers found shocking discrepancies between the papacy’s interpretation of God’s Word and the Word itself. 

In 1485, the Archbishop of Mainz issued an edict punishing unauthorized Bible-reading with excommunication, confiscation of books , and heavy fines. The great Renaissance theologian Desiderius Erasmus challenged the Archbishop by publishing, in 1516 , the first printed edition of the Greek Ne w Testament. He addressed the anti-Bible mentality in his preface with these words: 

I vehemently dissent from those who would not have private persons read the Holy Scriptures nor have them translated into the vulgar tongues, as though either Christ taught such difficult doctrines that they can only be understood by a few theologians, or the safety of the Christian religion lay in ignorance of it. I should like all women to read the Gospel and the Epistles of Paul. Would that they were translated into all languages so that not only the Scotch and Irish, but Turks and Saracens might be able to read and know them. 

A Catholic monk named Martin Luther, against the advice of his superiors, plunged into the New Testament of Erasmus. He was shocked by the absence of scriptural authority for so many Church traditions. Of the seven Church Sacraments only two, Baptism and the Lord’s Supper, were grounded in Scripture. The remaining five – Confirmation, Absolution, Ordination, Marriage, and Extreme Unction – were the inventions of post-biblical councils and decrees. Luther found no scriptural mandate for celibacy of monks and nuns, or for pilgrimages and the veneration of sacred relics. The Church taught that prayer, good works , and regular participation in the Sacraments might save man from eternal damnation. Luther found this to be opposed to the teaching of Scripture. According to Scripture, only one thing can save man from the consequences of his sins: God’s grace, and that alone. 

The most explosive result of Luther’s Bible-reading was its attitude toward the papacy. Nowhere in Scripture could the passionate monk find that God had ordained an imperious Roman “Vicar of Christ ” to rule over a vast economy based on selling rights to do evil. These rights were called indulgences . They had been a Church tradition since Pope Leo III had begun granting them in the year 800, payable in the money coined by Pope Adrian I in 780. 

Indulgences were floated on the Church’ s credibility, rather like government bonds are issued on the credibility of states today. In 1491 , for example , Innocent VII granted the 20-year Butterbriefe indulgence, by which Germans could pay 1/20th of a guilder for the annual privilege of eating dairy products even while meriting from fasting. The proceeds of the Butterbriefe went to build a bridge at Torgau.1 Rome’s indulgence economy was as extensive as America’s income tax system today. And it was every bit as fueled by the people’s trembling compliance , voluntarily, to a presumption of liability. 

In 1515 Pope Leo X issued a Bull of Indulgence authorizing letters of safe conduct to Paradise and pardons for every evil imaginable, 2 from a 25-cent purgatory release (the dead left purgatory the instant one’s coins hit the bottom of the indulgence-salesman’s bucket) to a license so potent that it would excuse someone who had raped the Virgin Mary. For the payment of four ducats , one could be forgiven for murdering one’s father. Sorcery was pardoned for 6 ducats. For robbing a church, the law could be relaxed for only 9 ducats. Sodomy was pardoned for 12 ducats. Half the revenues from Leo’s indulgence went to a fund for the building of St. Peter’s Cathedral, and the other half to paying 40 % interest rates on bank loans subsidizing the magnificent works of art and architecture with which His Holiness was establishing Rome as the cultural capital of the Renaissance. Historians have glorified Leo, whose father happened to be the great Florentine banker Lorenzo d’Medici, by marking the sixteenth century as “the Century of Leo X. ” 

In early 1521 , Martin Luther formally protested the indulgence racket by nailing his famous Ninety-five Theses Upon Indulgences to the door of the castle church of Wittenberg. The church was said to own a lock of the Holy Virgin’s hair worth two million years of indulgences. Luther’s Theses exhorted Christians “to follow Christ, their Head, through penalties, deaths, and hells,” rather than purchase “a false assurance of peace” from Church indulgence-salesmen. 

Leo had Luther arrested and detained for ten months in Wartburg Castle. While in custody, Luther managed to translate the Greek New Testament of Erasmus into German. Its publication alarmed the broadest reaches of Roman authority. D’Aubigne, in his History of the Reformation, tells us that “Ignorant priests shuddered at the thought that every citizen, nay every peasant, would now be able to dispute with them on the precepts of our Lord.” 

Meanwhile , Leo X died. The new pope, Adrian VI, hardly eulogized Leo when confessing to the Diet of Nuremberg that “for many years, abominable things have taken place in the Chair of Peter, abuses in spiritual matters, transgressions of the Commandments , so that everything here has been wickedly perverted.” 3

Adrian died shortly after speaking these lines, to be succeeded by the Cardinal who had been handling Martin Luther’s case all along, another Medici, Leo X’s first cousin, Giulio d’Medici. Giulio took the papal name Clement VII. 

Just as Leo X’s corruption had ignited Luther , Clement VII’s shrewdness determined how the Church would deal with the proliferation of Bibles. Clement was personally advised by the cagey Niccolo Machiavelli, inventor of modern political science , and Cardinal Thomas Wolsey, Chancellor of England. Machiavelli and Wolsey opined that both printing and Protestantism could be turned to Rome’ s advantage by employing movable type to produce a literature that would confuse, diminish, and ultimately marginalize the Bible. Cardinal Wolsey, who would later found Christ Church College at Oxford, characterized the project as “to put learning against learning.”4 

Against the Bible’s learning, which demonstrated how man could have eternal life simply by believing in the facts of Christ’s death and resurrection, would be put the learning of the gnostics. Gnosticism held out the hope that man could achieve everlasting life by doing good works himself. To put it succinctly, Bible-learning was Christ-centered; gnostic learning was man-centered. 

An enormous trove of gnostic learning had been brought from the eastern Mediterranean by agents of Clement VII’s great-grandfather, Cosimo d’Medici. Suppressed since the Emperor Justinian had piously shut down the pagan colleges of Athen s back in 529, these celebrated mystical, scientific and philosophical scrolls and manuscripts flattered humanity. They taught that human intelligence was competent to determine truth from falsehood without guidance or assistance from any god. Since , as Protagoras put it, “man is the measure of all things,” man could control all the living powers of the universe. If elected and initiated into the secret knowledge, or gnosis, man could master the cabalah – the “royal science” of names , numbers , and symbols – to create his very own divinity. 

Cosimo had stored huge quantities of this pagan material in his library in Florence. The Medici Library, whose final architect was Michaelangelo, welcomed scholars favored by the papacy. These scholars, not surprisingly, soon began emulating the papacy in focusing more upon humanity than upon the Old and New Testaments. So extensive was the Medici Library’s philosophical influence that even scholars today consider it the cradle of Western civilization. 

Martin Luther , seeing that learning against learning was the future of Christianity, voiced an “Appeal to the Ruling Classes ” (1520) , in which he wrote, rather prophetically: 

Though our children live in the midst of a Christian world, they faint and perish in misery because they lack the Gospel in which we should be training and exercising them all the time. I advise no one to place his child where the Scriptures do not reign paramount. Schools will become wide-open gates of hell if they do not diligently engrave the Holy Scriptures on young hearts. Every institution where men are not increasingly occupied with the word of God must become corrupt. 

It was one thing to recommend learning against learning, and quite another to manage its multiple dimensions. Learning against learning amounted to no less than making war on the Bible. To wage such a war, the papacy needed a new priestly order of pious soldiers conditioned to wield psychological weapons on a battlefield of... human thought. But first, there had to be a general. The man chosen to lead the assault on the Bible was a swashbuckling adventurer from the proud Basque country of northern Spain. 

next
APPOINTMENT AT CYPRUS 50s
 


  


No comments:

Part 1 Windswept House A VATICAN NOVEL....History as Prologue: End Signs

Windswept House A VATICAN NOVEL  by Malachi Martin History as Prologue: End Signs  1957   DIPLOMATS schooled in harsh times and in the tough...