Saturday, July 30, 2022

Part 3 American Prophecy ... Sun Bear ... George Washington ... Molly Pitcher ... General McClellan ... David Croly ... Joseph Smith ++++

American Prophecy #3

Sun Bear 

The Ojibwa shaman Sun Bear (d. 1993) was founder of the Bear tribe (Washington). In his book Black Dawn/Bright Day (written with Wabun Wind), Sun Bear gave warning of Earth Changes.(18)
According to Sun Bear, old Ojibwa pictographs, written on birch bark scrolls, tell this prophecy:

"Our great ancestors saw the coming of the Europeans to this continent. They saw the kinds of hats they would be wearing. They saw how they would look and the kind of canoes they would have. They were told that if these people came in a sacred manner and accepted the knowledge that was given them by the people of this continent, then it would be a beautiful thing. We would walk as brothers and sisters on the land.

"It soon became obvious that the Europeans didn’t respect the sacred teachings of the land. Our prophecies said that if this happened, there would come a time when we would lie in the dust for 100 years or more as if we were dead. Even our own people wouldn’t respect our teachings, and both Native and non-Native people would fail to understand them. Some Natives would turn from the teachings and be lured away saying, ‘This is a better teaching.’

"Our prophecies also said that at the end of that 100 years, we would be walking on our hind legs again. We would be alive as if we were Earth spirits just reborn. We would stand up and have our power again. We would be able to call in the forces --- the thunder and the lightning and the storms --- and communicate with these powers all the time because this is part of our ancient knowledge. We would have these abilities again, and we would return to the sacred path.

"At that time, our sons and daughters would again come to us and ask to be taught the sacred ways. And the sons and daughters of the people who had come across the great Water would come to us too. they would say, ‘teach us, for we are about to destroy the Earth.’ This is the stage we are at right now...

"Another prophecy of my Native people speaks of a time when the Earth would hold back her increase: one area would be too wet; another too dry. One place would be too hot; another, too cold. this is what we are experiencing now... Another part of the prophecy states that the rivers will change their courses."

Sun Bear also described one of his Dreams of Destruction:

"Over a period of time I have had many, many dreams that showed the coming of the Earth changes... One reason that I organized the Bear Tribe as a rural-base community was because I saw in my dreams major destruction coming to the cities.

"I saw a time when the cities wouldn't exist in their present state. During the changes the most dangerous places will be near cities with nuclear and chemical plants. But all major cities will experience a breakdown in services. In my dreams, I've seen great garbage piles on the streets, the electric service out of order because of storms...

"I also foresee race riots in the big cities, with street gangs engaged in uncontrolled fighting against each other, using guns to get what they want. When there is no money to pay their salaries, the police will not be there to protect the people in the city. Instead, in one of my dreams, I saw the police banded together in groups calling themselves the 'Brothers of the Gun.' They were using their guns to take whatever they wanted. This is already happening in other parts of the world...

"I see the cities being hit by major epidemics caused by bad water, toxic chemicals, or other things...

"In my dreams, I've also seen wheat crops that had rusted. They had candy-like clumps of rust, a serious disease that was destroying the crops. There were great black birds like crows or vultures, just waiting. With nothing left to eat, these birds were scavenging bodies as humans died... In my dreams I see diseases like this continuing to cause great destruction...

"In my dreams I've also seen small bands of people living very close to the Earth. I saw that other people would come to join them, and they would embrace these newcomers. All they said to them was, 'You have survived.' There were no more 'isms' in the world -- not Catholicism, not Communism, nothing. We were all just human beings living on the Earth in a sacred manner...

"I see about one-fourth of the world's population surviving. All those who do survive will come through with a higher level of consciousness..."

George Washington

The vision received by George Washington in the winter of 1777 is one of the most fascinating of all American prophecies. Washington told his vision to Anthony Sherman, who recounted it to Wesley Bradshaw, publisher of the National Stripes:

"The last time I ever saw Anthony Sherman was on the 4th of July, 1859, in Independence Square. He was then 99 years old, and becoming very feeble. But though so old, his dimming eyes rekindled as he gazed upon Independence Hall, which he had come to visit once more.

"Let's go into the hall", he said. "I want to tell you of an incident in Washington's life --- one which no one alive knows of except myself; and if you live, you will before long see it verified. Mark the prediction; you will see it verified.

"From the beginning of the revolution we experienced all phases of fortune, now good and now ill, one time victorious and another conquered. The darkest period we had, I think, was when George Washington, after several reverses, retreated to Valley Forge, where he resolved to pass the winter of 1777.

"Ah, I have often seen tears coursing down our dear commander's care-worn cheeks, as he would be conversing with a confidential officer about the condition of his poor soldiers. You have doubtless heard the story of Washington going to the thicket to pray. Well, it was not only true, but he used to pray in secret for aid and comfort. And God brought us safely through the darkest days of tribulation.

"One day, I remember it well, the chilly winds whispered through the leafless trees, though the sky was cloudless and the sun shone brightly. He noticed that his face was a shade paler than usual, and there seemed to be something on his mind of more than ordinary importance. After a preliminary conversation of about half an hour, Washington, gazing upon his companion with that strange look of dignity which he alone could command, said to the latter:

"I do not know whether it is owing to the anxiety of my mind, or what, but this afternoon, as I was sitting at this table engaged in preparing a dispatch, something in the apartment seemed to disturb me. Looking up I beheld standing opposite me a singularly beautiful being. So astonished was I, for I had given strict orders not to be disturbed, that it was some moments before I found language to inquire the cause of the visit. A second, a third, and even a fourth time did I repeat the question, but received no answer from my mysterious visitor except a slight raising of the eyes.

"By this time I felt strange sensations spreading over me. I would have risen but the riveted gaze of the being before me rendered volition impossible. I assayed once more to speak but my tongue had become useless, as if paralyzed. A new influence, mysterious, potent, irresistible, took possession of me. All I could do was to gaze steadily, vacantly, at my unknown visitor.

"Gradually the surrounding atmosphere seemed to fill with sensations, and grew luminous. Everything about me seemed to rarefy, the mysterious visitor also becoming more airy, and yet more distinct to my eyes than before. I began to feel as one dying, or rather to experience the sensations which I have sometimes imagined accompany death. I did not think, I did not reason, I did not move. All alike were impossible. I was only conscious of gazing fixedly, vacantly at my companion.

"Presently I heard a voice saying, 'Son of the Republic, look and learn,' while at the same time my visitor extended an arm eastward.

"Now I beheld a heavy white vapor at some distance rising fold upon fold. This gradually dissipated, and I looked upon a strange scene. Before me lay, spread out in one vast plain all the countries of the world --- Europe, Asia, Africa, and America. I saw rolling and tossing between Europe and America the billows of the Atlantic, and between Asia and America lay the Pacific. 'Son of the Republic,' said the mysterious voice as before, 'Look and learn.'

"At that moment I beheld a dark shadowy being like an angel, standing or rather floating in mid-air between Europe and America. Dipping water out of the ocean in the hollow of each hand, he sprinkled some upon America with his right hand, while with his left he cast some over Europe. Immediately a cloud arose from these countries and joined in mid-ocean. For a while it seemed stationary, and then it moved slowly westward until it enveloped America in its murky folds. Sharp flashes of lightning gleamed through it at intervals, and I heard the smothered groans and cries of the American people.

"A second time the angel dipped from the ocean and sprinkled it out as before. The dark cloud was then drawn back into the ocean in whose heaving billows it sank as before.

"A third time I heard the mysterious voice saying, 'Son of the Republic, look and learn.' I cast my eyes upon America and beheld villages and towns and cities springing up one after another until the whole land from the Atlantic to the Pacific was dotted with them. Again I heard the mysterious voice saying, 'Son of the Republic, the end of the century cometh; look and learn.'

"And this time the dark shadowy angel turned his face southward. From Africa I saw an ill-omened spectre approach our land. It flitted slowly and heavily over every town and city of the latter. The inhabitants presently set themselves in battle array against each other. As I continued looking, I saw a bright angel on whose brow rested a crown of light on which was traced the word 'Union.' He was bearing the American flag. He placed the flag between the divided nation and said, 'Remember, ye are brethren.'

"Instantly, the inhabitants, casting down their weapons, became friends once more and united around the National Standard.

"Again I heard the mysterious voice saying, 'Son of the Republic, look and learn.' At this the dark shadowy angel placed a trumpet to his mouth and blew three distinct blasts; and taking water from the ocean, he sprinkled it upon Europe, Asia and Africa.

"Then my eyes beheld a fearful scene. From each of these continents arose thick black clouds that were soon joined into one. And through this mass there gleamed a dark red light by which I saw hordes of armed men. These men, moving with the cloud, marched by land and sailed by sea to America, which country was enveloped in the volume of the cloud. And I dimly saw the vast armies devastate the whole country and burn the villages, towns and cities which I had seen springing up.

"As my ears listened to the thundering of the cannon, clashing of swords, and the shouts and cries of millions in mortal combat, I again heard the mysterious voice saying, 'Son of the Republic, look and learn.' When this voice had ceased, the dark shadowy angel placed his trumpet once more to his mouth and blew a long and fearful blast.

"Instantly a light as of a thousand suns shone down from above me and pierced and broke into fragments the dark cloud which enveloped America. At the same moment the angel upon whose head still shone the word ‘Union’ and who bore our national flag in one hand and a sword in the other, descended from the heavens attended by legions of white spirits. These immediately joined the inhabitants of America, who I perceived were well-nigh overcome but who immediately, taking courage again, closed up their broken ranks and renewed the battle.

"Again, amidst the fearful noise of the conflict I heard the mysterious voice saying, 'Son of the Republic, look and learn.' As the voice ceased, the shadowy angel for the last time dipped water from the ocean and sprinkled it upon America. Instantly the dark cloud rolled back, together with the armies it had brought, leaving the inhabitants of the land victorious.

"Then once more I beheld the villages, towns and cities springing up where I had seen them before, while the bright angel, planting the azure standard he had brought in the midst of them, cried with a loud voice, 'While the stars remain, and the heavens send down dew upon the earth, so long shall the union last.' And taking from his brow the crown on which blazoned the word, 'Union,' he placed it upon the standard while the people kneeling down said, 'Amen.'

"The scene instantly began to fade and dissolve, and I at last saw nothing but the rising, curling vapor I at first beheld. This also disappeared, and I found myself once more gazing upon the mysterious visitor, who, in the same voice I had heard before, said, 'Son of the Republic, what you have seen is thus interpreted. Three great perils will come upon the republic. The most fearful for her is the third. But the whole world united shall not prevail against her. Let every child of the republic learn to live for God, his land and Union.' With these words the vision vanished, and I started from my seat and felt that I had seen a vision wherein had been shown me the birth, the progress, and destiny of the United States." (19)

The first peril foreseen by Washington was that of the War of Independence, the second danger was the Civil War, and the third will be a second revolution and civil war, complicated by the invasion of America by armies from AsiaAfrica, and even Europe. The reference to "a light as of a thousand suns" suggests that nuclear weapons might be used to destroy the invaders.

 Molly Pitcher 

Two women, both named Molly Pitcher, figured as heroines in the American Revolution, and sometimes they are confused with each other. The best known Molly Pitcher was Mrs. Mary Hayes, wife of an artilleryman in the Continental Army. At the battle of Monmouth she carried water for the troops, and so was nicknamed “Molly Pitcher”. When her husband was wounded, she took his position and kept firing the cannon for the duration of the battle. General Washington commissioned her as a sergeant to reward her bravery.


The other Molly Pitcher was a renowned seeress, born Mary (Molly) Diamond. She married Robert Pitcher, a shoemaker, when she was 20 years old.

Molly’s ability as a psychic gave her access to British military secrets which she passed on to the revolutionaries. When General Washington took command of the American Army at Cambridge on July 3, 1775, Mary was presented to Washington as the "Daughter of our regiment." Washington said:

"You have adopted a sibyl and a saint.”"

During the ceremony, Molly had a vision which she later told to Washington: an eagle hovered over him without unfolding its wings. Not until several years later was the eagle chosen as our national bird. Molly Pitcher also predicted several inventions, some of which remain to be discovered:

"Thousands shall go behind a curl of smoke [locomotives]... Carriages will go at lightning speed and none shall see what propelled them [automobiles]... Men will ascend and descend Jacob’s Ladder of heaven like angels [the NASA space program]... Magnificent music will be conducted on wires hundreds of miles away and will play at the instigation of man...

"Men shall arise who will command the storms, turning and directing them at pleasure. Great heat will be prevented by the use of clouds which can be turned on or off at will, and water shall be pumped from them where drought is upon the . The frozen water in winter shall be thawed by glorious sunbeams led by sun conductors and several other wonderful inventions." (20)

General George McClellan 

General George B. McClellan, chief of the Union Armies, had a dream vision that saved Washington DC and the Union itself in the second summer of the Civil War. (20)
At 2 a.m. of the third night after arriving in Washington to take command of the U.S. Army, General McClellan fell asleep while studying his map table. He had been asleep for about ten minutes when he imagined that the locked door of his room suddenly was thrown open. Someone entered and said in a powerful voice:

"General McClellan, do you sleep at your post? Rouse you, or ere it can be prevented the foe will be in Washington."


The general felt as though he were suspended in a void of infinite space. The voice continued to speak "from a hollow distance all about." He thought that he awoke from his sleep, but while the map table remained, the surrounding room had vanished, and he gazed upon a living map of the entire USA from the Atlantic Ocean to the Mississippi River. The mysterious being beside him appeared only as a ghostly, man-shaped vapor.

McClellan was amazed to see troop movements and the entire distribution of Confederate forces, and he was elated with the prospect of the victory he could realize with this new knowledge. But then he saw Confederates moving into select positions which he had chosen to occupy, and he realized that the enemy knew his plans. The voice spoke:

"General McClellan, you have been betrayed, and had God not willed otherwise, ere the sun of tomorrow had set, the Confederate flag would have waved above the Capitol and your own grave. But note what you see. Your time is short."

While the voice continued to describe the Confederate positions, McClellan wrote on his own map, making notes from the living map around him. The rest of his vision concerns what is now our near future:

"I had been conscious of a shining light on my left that steadily increased until the moment I ceased my task, when it became, in an instant, more intense than the noonday sun. Quickly I raised my eyes, and never, were I to live forever, should I forget what I saw. The dim, shadowy figure was no longer a dim, shadowy one, but a glorified, refulgent figure of Washington, Father of his Country, and now, for the second time, its savior.

"My friend, it would be utterly impossible for me to attempt to describe the majesty of that returned spirit. I can only say that Washington, as I beheld him in my dream (or trance as you may choose to call it), was the most God-like being I could have ever conceived of. Like a weak, dazzled bird, I sat gazing at the heavenly vision from the sweet and silent repose of Mt. Vernon. Our Washington had risen, to once more encircle and raise up with his saving arms our fallen and bleeding country. As I continued looking, an expression of sublime benignity came gently upon his face and for the last time I heard that slow, solemn voice saying something like this:

'General McClellan, while yet in the flesh I beheld the birth of the American Republic. It was indeed a hard and bloody one, but God’s blessing was upon the nation, and therefore, through this great struggle for existence, He sustained her with His mighty hand and brought her out triumphantly. A century has not passed since then, and yet the child republic has taken her position, a peer with nations whose pages of history extend for ages into the past. She has (since those days, by the favor of God) greatly prospered and now, by the very reason of this prosperity, she has been brought to her second struggle, this so far the most perilous ordeal she has to suffer in passing, as she is, from childhood to opening maturity.

"She is called upon to accomplish that vast result --- self-conquest --- to learn that important lesson --- self-control, self-rule, that in the future will place her in the van of power and civilization. It is here that all the nations hitherto have failed, and she, too, the republic of the earth, had God willed otherwise, would by tomorrow’s sunset, have been a heap of stones, cast up over the final grave of human liberty. But her cries have come up out of the borders like sweet incense unto heaven. She shall be saved. Then shall peace once more be upon her, and prosperity shall fill her with joy.

"But her mission will not then be accomplished, for ere another century shall have gone by THE OPPRESSORS OF THE WHOLE EARTH, hating and envying her and her exaltation, SHALL JOIN THEMSELVES TOGETHER AND RAISE UP THEIR HANDS AGAINST HER.

"But if she be found worthy of her high calling, they shall be truly discomfited and then will be ended her third and last struggle for existence. Henceforth shall the Republic go on, increasing in goodness and power, until her borders shall end only in the remotest corners of the earth, and the whole earth shall, beneath her shadowy wings, become a Universal Republic.

"Let her in her prosperity, however, remember the Lord her God. Let her trust in Him and she shall never be confounded."

"I inclined my head to receive his blessing, ‘the baptism of the spirit of Washington.’ The following instant peals of thunder rolled in upon me, and I awoke. The visitor had departed and I again was sitting in my apartment with everything exactly as it was before I fell asleep, with a few exceptions. The maps of which I had dreamed I had been marking were literally covered with a net of pencil signs and figures. I rose to my feet and rubbed my eyes, and took a turn or two around the room to recover myself. I had before me as complete a map and repository of information as though I had spent several years in gathering and recording its details.

"Our beloved, glorious Washington shall again rest quietly, sweetly in his tomb, until perhaps the end of the Prophetic Century approaches once more, laying aside the crements of Mt. Vernon, to become Messenger of Succor and Peace from the Great Ruler, who has all nations of the Earth in his keeping.

"But the future is too vast for our comprehension; we are the children of the present. When peace shall again have folded her bright wings and settled upon our land, the strange, unearthly map marked while the Spirit eyes of Washington looked down, shall be preserved among the American archives, as a precious reminder to the American nation of what in her second great struggle for existence, they owe to God and the Glorified Spirit of Washington. Verily, the works of God are above the understanding of man!"

Convinced of the divine nature of his dream and by the new details on his map, General McClellan immediately rode along the Union front and made strategic changes necessary to meet the Confederates’ plan of attack on Antietam (September 17, 1862). Thus he succeeded in preventing the capture of the Capitol, and saved the Union. However, he failed to pursue General Lee’s troops, and he was removed from command on account of that error.

David Croly 


David G. Croly (1829-1889) was born in Ireland, and emigrated with his parents to New York. He became a journalist for the New York Evening Post and the Herald, and was editor of World magazine. Croly made his first prediction in 1871, foretelling in detail the Panic of 1873. He began writing the column "Sir Oracle" for the Real Estate Record & Builder’s Guide, intended "to be read today and judged in the year 2000". The columns were reprinted in Croly’s Glimpses of the Future (1888). David Croly accurately predicted that Germany would instigate World War Two. He foretold of India’s independence from British rule, the dominance of the USSR, and new technologies such as motion pictures, photoelectric printing, air travel, and electric power. Croly also made predictions that still await fulfillment. He saw that new states will be formed from Texas and California, and a new Constitution will be adopted under the pressure of radical changes and civil war. The USA will expand to absorb Canada, Central America, and the West Indies. (20)

Joseph Smith 


The Mormons have produced several prophets who foretold of a second civil war in America, and its invasion. The Mormon prophets agree with each other and with George WashingtonGen. McClellan, and several European prophets in their descriptions of the horrors that will be America’s comeuppance. (21)

The Mormon Elder John J. Roberts recorded a prophecy made by Joseph Smith, the founder of the LDS Church, during a grand review of the Nauvoo Legion in May 1843. Theodore Turley also was present at the conversation. He reiterated the prophecy during a sermon about two weeks later. Smith said:

"I want to tell you something. I will speak in a parable like unto John the Revelator.

"You will go to the Rocky Mountains and you will be a great and mighty people established there, which I will call the 'White Horse of Peace and Safety'... I shall never go there. Your enemies will continue to follow you with persecutions and will make obnoxious laws against you in Congress to destroy the White Horse, but you will have a friend or two to defend you to throw out the worst part of the laws, so they will not hurt much. You must continue to petition Congress all the time, but they will treat you like strangers and aliens and will not give you your rights but will govern you with strangers and commissioners; you will see the Constitution of the United States almost destroyed; it will hang by a thread, as it were, as fine as the finest silk fiber.

"I love the Constitution; it was made under the inspiration of God, and will be preserved and saved by the efforts of the White Horse and the Red Horse [the Indians] who will combine in its defense. The White Horse will raise an ensign on the tops of the mountains of peace and safety. The White Horse will find the mountains full of minerals and they will become very rich. You will see silver piled up in the streets.

"You will see gold shoveled up like sand. Gold will be of little value even in a mercantile capacity, for the people of the world will have something else to do in seeking for salvation.

"The time will come when the banks in every nation will fail and only two places will be safe where people can deposit their gold and treasures. These places will be the White Horse and England’s vaults.

"A terrible revolution will take place in America such as has never been seen before, for the land will be literally left without a supreme government, and every species of wickedness will be rampant. It will be so terrible that father will be against son, mother against daughter, and daughter against mother. The most terrible scenes of murder, bloodshed, and rapine that has ever been looked on will take place. Peace will be taken from the earth, and there will be peace only in the Rocky Mountains. This will cause many thousands of honest heart to gather there, not because they would be saints but for safety and because they would not take up the sword against their neighbor.

"You will be so numerous that you will be in danger of famine, but not for the want of seed time and harvest, but because of so many to be fed. Many will come with bundles under their arms to escape the calamities, and there will be no escape except by fleeing to Zion.

"Those that come to you will try to keep the laws and be one with you, for they will see your unity and the greatness of your organization.

"The Turkish Empire or the Crescent will be one of the first nations that will be disrupted, for freedom must be given for the Gospel to be preached in the Holy Land.

"The Lord took of the best blood of the nations and planted them on the small islands now known as England and Great Britain, and gave them great power in the nations for a thousand years and their power will continue with them, that they may keep the balance of power and keep Russia from usurping her power all over the world. England and France are now bitter enemies, but they will be allied together and be united to keep Russia from conquering the world.

"The two Popes, Greek and Catholic, will come together and be united...

"While the terrible revolution of which I have spoken is going on, England will be neutral until it becomes so inhuman that she will interfere to stop the shedding of blood. England and France will unite together to subdue the nations; they will find the nations so broken up and so many claiming government, till there will be no responsible government.

"Then it will appear to the other nations or powers as though England had taken possession of the country. The Black horse will flee to the invaders and join with them, for they will have fear of the coming slaves again, knowing England did not believe in slavery; fleeing to them they believe would make them safe; armed with British bayonets, the doings of the Black Horse will be terrible...

"During this time the White Horse will have gathered strength, sending out Elders to gather the honest in heart among the Pale Horse, or people of the United States, to stand by the Constitution of the United States, as it was given by the inspiration of God.

"In these days God will set up a kingdom, never to be thrown down, for other kingdoms to come unto. And these kingdoms that will not let the Gospel be preached will be humbled until they will.

"England, Germany, Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Switzerland, Holland, and Belgium have a considerable amount of blood of Israel among their people which must be gathered. These nations will submit to the kingdom of God. England will be the last of these kingdoms to surrender, but when she does so it will be as a whole in comparison as she threw off the Catholic power. The nobility know that the Gospel is true but it has not enough pomp and grandeur and influence for them to embrace it. They are proud, and will not acknowledge the Kingdom of God, or come unto it, until they see the power which it will have.

"Peace and safety in the Rocky Mountains will be protected by a cordon band of the White Horse and the Red Horse.

"The coming of the 10 Tribes of Israel, the coming of the Messiah among his people, will be so natural that only those who see Him will know that He has come, but he will come and give his laws unto Zion, and minister unto His people. This will not be His coming in the clouds of heaven to take vengeance upon the wicked of the world.

"The Temple in Jackson County will be built in this generation. The saints will think there will not be time to build it, but with all the help you will receive you will put up a great temple quickly. They will have all the gold, silver, and precious stone; for these things only will be used for the beautifying of the temple; all the skilled mechanics you want, and the Ten Tribes of Israel will help you build it. When you see this land bound with iron you may look to Jackson County...

"There is a land beyond the Rocky Mountains that will be invaded by the heathen Chinese unless great care and protection are given. Speaking of the heathen, where there is no law there is no condemnation; this will apply to them.

"Power will be given to the White Horse to rebuke nations afar off, and they will be one with the White Horse, but when the law goes forth they will obey; for the law will go forth from Zion.

"The last great struggle that Zion will have to contend with is when the whole of the Americas will be made the Zion of our God.

"Those opposing will be called Gog and Magog. The nations of the world led by the Russian Czar and their power, will be great, but all opposition will be overcome and this land will be the Zion of our God."

Another prophecy uttered by Joseph Smith told how the Saints would go to the Rocky Mountains and become a great and wealthy people. In the latter days, however, Smith said:

"There will be two great political parties in this country. One will be called the Republican, and the other the Democrat party. These two parties will go to war and out of these two parties will spring another party which will be the Independent American Party. The United States will spend her strength and means warring in foreign lands until other nations will say, 'Let's divide up the lands of the United States'; then the people of the US will unite and swear by the blood of their forefathers, that the land shall not be divided. Then the country will go to war, and they will fight until one half of the US Army will give up, and the rest will continue to struggle. They will keep on until they are very ragged and discouraged, and almost ready to give up --- when the boys from the mountains rush forth in time to save the American Army from defeat and ruin. And they will say, 'Brethren, we are glad you have come; give us men, henceforth, who can talk with God'. Then you will have friends, but you will save the country when its liberty hangs by a hair, as it were."

Bishop Charles Evans ~


On Christmas night in 1882, the Mormon Bishop Charles D. Evans had a vision in which he saw what is now our present and near future:

"While I continued to stare and marvel at the wondrous work before me, all of a sudden the scene vanished, and a new era, resultant, however, from the forces of the religious agencies before mentioned, burst upon my view. The history of American Independence, with the actors therein, passed before me. The Constitution of the United States was emblazoned upon an immense distance. Civil and religious toleration was general throughout the land. Man rejoiced in the privilege of worshipping God according to the dictates of conscience. Prosperity reigned. Angels smiles. Heaven approved. The fetters of political and religious intolerance, forged by the monarchs of the eastern world, were sundered, shall it be said forever? Such was my thought. I was full of joy at the sight; big tears of joy rolled down my cheeks, when all of a sudden, my attention was directed to a personage standing by my bedside, and who was attired in a white and flowing robe. Addressing me, he said, 'Son of Mortality, look."'

"I looked and beheld a scene most revolting to my senses, from the fact that it was the reverse of the prosperity and religious freedom I had before witnessed. I saw the representatives of one branch of the Republic holding in their hands fetters they themselves had forged.

"The personage, again addressing me, said, '"Knowest thou the meaning of these?'

"I answered, 'No.'

"He replied, 'These are the chains with which certain sons of the Republic, who have tasted the fruit of the tree of liberty, desire to bind their fellows. These are they who seek to subvert the cause of human freedom. These seek to enslave one portion of the children of freedom who differ from them in religious belief and practice. Know thou, my son, that their object is filthy lucre. They plot to take away human rights, and to destroy the freedom of the soul, to possess the homes of the industrious without fee or reward. Their souls shall be in derision, and the heavens shall laugh at their folly. Their calamity slumbereth not. But cast thine eyes eastward and look.'

"I looked and beheld that the bands that held society together during the reign of the republic, were snapped asunder. Society had broken loose from all restraints of principle and good conscience. Brotherhood had dissolved. Respect for common rights and even the rights of life and property had fled from the land. I saw faction after faction arise and contend with each other. Political strife was everywhere. Father and son alike contended in these awful feuds. The spirit of deadly hate... passed through the Republic. Blood was written every banner. The spirit of bloodshed appeared to possess every heart.

"Turning to the person in white I exclaimed, 'Surely this means the total destruction of our nation."'

"Touching my eyes with his finger, he replied: 'Look again.'

"I looked and beheld that many who were angry with the rulers of the Republic, for the subversion of the Constitutional law, and their wholesale plunder of the public moneys, arose and proclaimed themselves the friends of the Constitution in its original form. These looked around for some others to sustain the country's flag inviolate, pledging themselves and their fortunes and sacred honours to that end.

"A voice was suddenly heard declaring these words: 'In the distant mountain tops are to be found the true lovers of freedom and equal rights, a people who have never made war upon each other. Go there, for only there can your lives and property be secure from the spoiler. There alone can the flag you love wave proudly for the protection of all people, irrespective of creed and color.'

"While thus engaged I cast my eyes to the far west, when suddenly appeared on Ensign Peak, near Salt Lake City, a beautiful flag whereon was written these words: 'Friends of Human Liberty throughout the world, all hail! We greet you under the flag of freedom, our country's flag.' One shout of 'Welcome' from the Mountain Sons of Freedom rent the air. I beheld that the multitude wept with joy. The laws were again administered in purity. The people prospered. Tyrants were hurled down. All religious bodies were equally protected before the law. No North, no South, no East, no West, but one unbroken nation whose banner waved for all the world. On this I awoke in tears of joy." (21)

Orson Pratt ~


Orson Pratt was a member of the Original Council of the Twelve Apostles of the Mormon Church. This self-explanatory vision of his was recorded in Vol. 20 of the Church’s Journal of Discourses:

"What then will be the condition of the people when the great and dreadful war will come? It will be very different from the war between the North and South. It will be neighborhood against neighborhood, city against city, town against town, state against state, and they will go forth destroying and being destroyed. Manufacturing will almost cease, great cities will be left desolate. The time will come when the great city of New York will be left without inhabitants...

"When that day shall come (when the missionaries will be called home) there shall be wars, not such wars as have come in centuries and years that are past and gone, but a desolating war. When I say desolating, I mean that it will lay these European nations in waste. Cities will be left vacated, without inhabitants. The people will be destroyed by the sword of their own hands. Not only this but many other cities will be burned; for when contending armies are wrought up with the terrible anger, without the Spirit of God upon them, when they have not that spirit of humanity that now characterizes many of the wars amongst nations, when they are left to themselves, there will be no quarter given, no prisoners taken, but a war of destruction, of desolation, of the burning of the cities and villages, until the land is laid desolate."
(J. Disc. 20: 150)

22. Brigham Young 

Guided by revelation, Brigham Young led a group of Mormons to Promontory Point overlooking Utah’s Great Salt Lake, where they founded Salt Lake City. Young left this prophecy among his Discourses:

"All that you know now can scarcely be called a preface to the sermon that will be preached with fire and sword, tempests, earthquakes, hail, rain and fearful destruction. What matters the destruction of a few railway cars? You will hear of magnificent cities, now idolized by the people, sinking in the earth entombing its inhabitants. The sea will heave itself beyond its bounds, engulfing many cities. Famine will spread over the nation, and nation will rise against nation, kingdom against kingdom, states against states, in our own country and in foreign lands." (21)

John Taylor 


The revelation given to John Taylor, as recorded by Wilford Woodruff, and published in Kraut's Visions of the Latter Days, describes the horror in America:

"I continued on my way passing through Omaha, Council Bluffs, and Iowa, and saw many women moving about in an excited manner. Sickness and death prevailed on all sides. The inhabitants of Illinois and Missouri were in dreadful condition, the men and women killing each other in the most brutal manner.

"Next I visited the City of Washington DC and found the place deserted and in ruins. From there I went to Baltimore and on the square, where stands the monument of 1812, dead bodies of the inhabitants of the place were piled in heaps. While there I saw mothers cut the throats of their own children and drink the blood in order to quench their thirst. The waters of Chesapeake Bay were so befouled from the effect of the dead bodies that the water could not be used. Sickness and death prevailed throughout the city and the stench was something awful..."

Taylor then visited Philadelphia and New York, which suffered likewise:

"The sights that met my view on all sides were so horrible to look upon that it would be impossible for me to describe them.

"After these scenes had passed, I found myself standing on the left bank of the Missouri River, just opposite to where stood the City of Independence and soon discovered that the states of Illinois, Missouri, and part of Iowa had been swept clean of its inhabitants and the surrounding country was a complete wilderness...

"I then looked over the country; in every direction as far as I could see, a similar condition prevailed. I then passed eastward above the earth and looking down saw many people coming west, mostly women who were carrying small bundles on their backs, and I thought it strange that there were so few men among them. They were on their way to the mountains, and I wondered how they could get there as the railroads were abandoned and the rails were in bad condition..."
(KRAUT, Ogden: The White Horse Prophecy; 1993, Pioneer Press)

D. Modin


D. Modin is a well-known lecturer, astrologer, newspaper columnist, and author of Prophecy: 1973-2000. He received the following vision in 1947:

"I saw a new World War break out in the Pacific, its center in the Philippines. From there, it spread out to encircle the world. I saw on one side the Christian forces, and on the other side the Buddhist and Mohammedan forces. Throughout the world, I saw destruction of the land, industry at a standstill, and people being killed almost instantly, on a massive scale. I saw the people of a new faith in the far East looking to Palestine for safety.

"Then the war between the nations stopped, and I saw revolution in each of the nations and great natural upheavals, the intent of which seemed to be to break up the old conditions.

"I saw the International Boundary at Blaine, Washington, torn up clear across to Nova Scotia, where it disappeared. The American and Canadian governments broke up in chaos. I saw race rioting upon the American continent on a vast scale. I saw hunger and disease throughout the world. Strife and chaos swept away the world we know. It was my impression that from the start of the Third World War this was all a continuous panorama, with different stages of development appearing simultaneously. First, world conflagration, then the break-down of national governments, followed by starvation, disease, and natural disasters. Then the scene ended." (21)

next
Edgar Cayce


No comments:

Part 1 Windswept House A VATICAN NOVEL....History as Prologue: End Signs

Windswept House A VATICAN NOVEL  by Malachi Martin History as Prologue: End Signs  1957   DIPLOMATS schooled in harsh times and in the tough...